Senior Rails Developer
Posted: November 9th, 2011, effective immediately
Who We Are
Wantsa is a SaaS performance based advertising platform that is changing the definition of online and mobile advertising.
Founded in 2008, Wantsa Inc. is focused on connecting businesses with consumers and delivering consumers the offers, deals, discounts and benefits on the things they want. The company has developed and licensed the most compelling “Pay Per Action” customer acquisition engine in the industry. Through the vast global publishing reach of Wantsa’s platform, Online, Mobile and Print advertisers can generate more revenue from their existing customer base, while delivering consumers what they want, where they want it and when they want it.
Wantsa is a great company with a great, sprited team and the market space that we’re in is growing at an incredible rate. This, coupled with a downtown Vancouver office, a strong salary and benefits package including company equity makes Wantsa the ideal place to be employed.
What We Want
What we want is a Senior Rails Developer to join our team. You’ll be responsible for developing new and enhanced functionality within a team environment focused on quality, innovation, speed and the technology business goals. The role requires well-demonstrated skills in development, user interface design, and User Experience best practices. You’ll quickly be able to understand new application architecture and new requirements, and be able to take part in and contribute to an agile environment with fellow developers, UI designers, product managers and like-minded engineers. Your input and feedback on design and development will be highly valued as will your appetite to succeed.
Who You Are
You must be organized, able to act independently and be able to switch between different projects in a fast-paced and exciting environment. You have a proven track record of implementing quality web based solutions and are experienced in various development languages and web frameworks. Your ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems and meet aggressive deadlines is a true asset.
- In an Agile environment work with the business stakeholders to develop out world class solutions in the deals industry
- Estimate effectively and accurately on business requirements and future projects
- Translate requirements and specifications into clean, logical and scalable technical solutions
- Address and fix bugs to existing services, software and applications
- Maintain effective source code control
- Participate in production releases and supporting of the general day-to-day environment
- Keep up to date with new development solutions and proactively suggest, assist and lead in implementing improvements regarding technology, standards and best practices
- Extensive experience developing and supporting proven SaaS based web applications in Linux environments with at least a number of those years spent with Ruby on Rails
- Proficient with MySQL or equivalent databases; strong data architecture and design skills, effective and efficient query writing for large datasets
- Knowledge of and experience with the latest front and back-end technologies including Rails 3.0, HTML 5 and CSS 3.0
- Working knowledge of deployment tools such as Capistrano or Chef
- Experience with writing and maintaining RESTful webservices
- Knowledge of Memcache and other supporting application services and toolsets
- Experience with Agile methodologies and test driven development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- B.Sc. or equivalent experience
Desired but Not Required
- Experience with AWS (EC2, RDS, S3) in a multi-zone production environment
- Configuring, maintaining and performance tuning Apache Lucene/Solr on Tomcat
- Configuring, maintaining and performance tuning of MySQL databases
- Mobile development for iOS, Android and Blackberry platforms
- Cloud architecture concepts, clustering, document storage databases (NoSQL) and SOA experience
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our team please visit us at www.wantsa.com for more information about our company and then drop us a line at email@example.com along with your cover letter and resume. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.